Welcome and thank you for considering employment as a
Boise, Eagle or Meridian Firefighter or Firefighter/Paramedic!
Firefighting is a career like no other. It takes extreme dedication, both physically and emotionally. By becoming a firefighter, you will gain a fulfilling, lifelong career with a close team environment and excellent benefits.
Joint Municipal Fire (JMF) was conceived in late 2013 and is a recruitment partnership between the Boise, Eagle and Meridian Fire Departments. It is a collaborative effort to attract and recruit diverse and highly qualified entry-level Firefighter and Firefighter/Paramedic candidates for employment among the three cities.
JMF is pleased to announce a joint hiring effort for establishing their 2014-2016 eligibility lists. The entry-level exam and hiring process is administered every two years to establish a list of qualified candidates.
Registration for the 2014 Entry-Level Written Exam is now closed. The hiring process will be held again in 2016.
Exam scores have been received and will be e-mailed by April 14, 2014. If you have not received your letter by this date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum qualifications for Firefighter position:
- At least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess a current National Registry or state-issued EMT Basic Certification with ability to obtain reciprocity in Idaho within 120 days of employment and maintain certification
Minimum qualifications for Firefighter/Paramedic position:
In addition to the above:
- Possess a valid Paramedic Certification
- Possess a Healthcare Provider CPR certitification
- Possess an Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
- Possess a Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification
In order to provide the highest quality of service to the Treasure Valley, we depend on having a dedicated, well-qualified, diverse group of employees who find satisfaction in their work. Joint Municipal Fire organizations seek to attract and maintain a diverse workforce that honors and respects our individual and group differences and builds trust in the community we serve.